There have been constant rumors about the fact that the Nepal government is set to provide 5 lakhs worth of education loan to students who wish to pursue an educational degree in the future. The rumors have certainly turned out to be true, and a person who has completed a +2 certificate can get 5 lakhs worth of education loan. Nepal Bank Limited and other Nepali banks offer a loan up to 5 lakh rupees using the +2 Certificates/ High School.
The eligibility of the 5 lakh loan is determined by the following factors:
- The loan will be issued not only to the student but as a joint to the borrower and the collateral owner.
- The student should complete a +2 degree with at least 50 % marks obtained.
- The guardians/ borrower must have a regular source of income.
- The borrower, as well as the student, must be a Nepalese citizen.
- The collateral must be accessed via eight feet wide road.
- At least three-year experience of career must be criteria in part of the borrower.
- The student/borrower must have 18 years of age and the time of maturity of the loan must not exceed 60 years.
- The retirement age of the student must be more than the tenure of the loan.
PROCESS TO GET THE EDUCATION LOAN
- The applicant’s character, as well as the loan applications, will be considered by the bank in reviewing loan applicants.
- The capacity to repay the loan as well as the interest to comply with the conditions of the bank will also be taken into consideration.
- You will be asked to present a form of identification or evidence that you are enrolled in an educational institution.
- The computation of the tuition fees, accommodation fees, and school materials will be done on part of the bank. The income information of your guardians should also be provided to the bank.
- You can search online for the banks which have student loan schemes or personal loans.
- You should also check if you can start an application online. A complete preliminary application must be filled by the applicant to apply for the loan.
- Search the website of the banks to known the ‘Application for a Loan Form’. Fill the form carefully and apply for the loan at the bank’s branch with all the necessary documents.
What documents do you need to apply for the loan?
- Two passport size photo of the applicant and one photo of the guarantor.
- Photocopy of applicant and guarantor citizenship.
- Photocopy of passport with visa.
- Photocopy of all academic records above the SLC level (transcript as well as character certificate).
- Admission confirmation letter which includes the tuition fee, admission fee etc.
After following all these procedures, you are good to go. Obtain an easy and hassle free education loan to bring your dreams of a better career and educational facility come true.